Jesus called all people to go and make disciples of all nations. But how? How do you go and make disciples? Churches often help train people to go and make disciples. And they also teach people how to be a disciple. While doing these trainings and teaching are always great to do in person, it is not always possible to do that. That is where video comes into play.
In order for people to go and make disciples, video can be very helpful. After all, when you record a training or teaching on video, you can show it to anyone at anytime. Then people can watch the videos on their own time and get the proper training.
Training and Discipleship Video Ideas
So what types of videos can you do? Here are some ideas:
- Create video tutorials for different church roles. You could have videos walking through common tasks for greeters, ushers, small group leaders, worship team members, tech team, children's ministry, etc. Every role or position could have a tutorial.
- Testimonials and interviews. Have members of the congregation share about their experiences serving in different ministries or how they have been impacted spiritually. This puts a face to the stories and it show others that real people have had real life change with Jesus. It's not just "the ministers" sharing.
- Faith practices. How do you take communion and why? How do you baptize someone and what is the process you go through with someone who wants to be baptized? Do videos on these faith elements and more depending on what is important for your Church goers to know and understand.
- Welcome and orientation videos. Make videos that give an overview of your Church. What do you belief? What are the values of the Church? What ministries or programs do you offer? How can you get connected? Create videos for these for new members and visitors of your Church.
- Sermon recaps. There are different from posting sermon clips, these are short videos that recap the key points and takeaways from recent sermons. They could be in the form of 60 second shorts or slightly longer form videos.
- Host virtual Q&As. Record videos where church staffers answer questions people have about spiritual topics, theology, the Bible, and other discipleship topics.
Videos are a great way to train and disciple people at your Church. The key is to create very focused videos that educate in an engaging, easy-to-absorb way. These videos will go a long way to help visually show people how to do a task or a discipleship principle.
What do you think? What are other videos you can do to train and disciple your Church? Share your ideas below or on social media.
Through the Digital Church Network we are helping physical and digital churches better understand the discipleship process, and helping churches and church planters understand this and other decentralized mindset shifts. Joining the DCN is free and be encouraged!
Looking for a Coach or Guide to help you with social media and other digital ministry tools, take this quick survey and connect today.