2019 felt like a flash. Blink and it’s gone. As we reflect back on the year, but also the close of the 2010s, let’s stop and pause. There’s something different in the air today that wasn’t there before. As we discussed with Greg Ligon from Leadership Network as well as Jim Tomberlin from the Unstuck Group, Church Online is gaining acceptance in churches across America. More and more churches are opening up to this idea of not just broadcasting services online, but doing fully-functioning ministry online. Church Online is trending up!
Changes @ THECHURCH.DIGITAL
Lord-willing, 2020 is going to be an incredible year for THECHURCH.DIGITAL. As much as we grew, as much as we learned in 2019, our continued goal is to serve you, the Church, better. We’re bringing on four different writers and content creators to help create more resources for you, the Church. You’ll get to know the team more in the coming weeks, but here’s the heart behind what we’re doing...
- Rey De Armas // A regular co-host on The Church Digital Podcast, Rey is already a strong part of the team here. Look for Rey to continue speaking into Church Online in 2020, but in unique ways as we look to help impact YouTube and other community-driven online platforms for God.
- Ricky Bailey // Technology is the means to an end, not the end itself. According to Matthew 28, discipleship is the end. Ricky will be helping us all remember this. The core of a healthy Church Online or Digital Church is one that effectively creates disciples, not consumers.
- Jessica Spivey // Whether digital or physical, our churches need to recognize the purpose of social media. From the creation of content that engages your audience to understanding analytics, Jessica brings a fresh perspective and understanding of social media church.
- Joe Radosevich // Eighty percent of churches in America are under 200 people. As Joe will tell you, technology can be purposefully effective even in small churches. As a small church pastor, Joe’s gift is helping small churches scale big concepts for the Kingdom.
With all this content coming to you in 2020, we’re praying that God does something incredible through you and your church in 2020… but some of you may be asking, with all of this happening, what will Jeff be doing?
New Social Media Accounts
We're expanding our social media... if you really want to keep up with everything from THECHURCH.DIGITAL, including all the content from our team of writers, follow us on Instagram (@thechurchdigital) and Facebook (/thechurchdigital).
Blog Series: Church Online in 2020
Way back in 2019 we wrote a blog series called “Church Online in 2020”. What if we prayed, if we cast vision, if we worked real hard… what could our Church Online’s look like in 2020? The blog series wrestled with questions like:
- What’s Social Media’s role in a healthy Church Online?
- Church Online competes with physical churches, right?
- What exactly does an Online Pastor do?
- Should Church Online reach the guy next door or the guy in another country?
Through this blog series, many of you utilized these resources to help your Church Online grow in 2020. If not? What are you waiting for? Check out our Blog Series: Church Online in 2020 now. These are some great standards for you to work on in 2020 for you to have a healthy church, online.