Are you part of a healthy, active, growing church actively launching multisite campuses or church plants? Church Online is a viable, untapped resource for you. Here are five ways that church online can help you test the waters and even help you pre-launch your next church plant or multisite campus.
1) Location of Viewers Online: Where is your current audience watching from? Check out your Church Online Analytics and see where people are already engaging your church services online. You could already have clusters of people watching your services online who would be interested in connecting with your church's next physical location.
2) Online Small Groups: Online Small Groups are a very practical way to develop your core team of volunteers, but moreso future small group leaders and associate leaders. Encourage volunteer development by challenging the leaders to lead small groups in physical environments as well as online. Don't have locations figured out? Testing the waters? Online Small Groups are a safe, easy way to create community without much liability.
3) Launching House Churches: Want to know the best way to pass on your church's DNA without doing a full-service in a venue? Do a smaller service in a house. Participants get Church Online teaching experience from your church's communicator, and you can test-run worship leaders in smaller environments. Not to mention this is a great way to evaluate how bought in volunteer leadership is. If volunteers aren't willing to open up their homes and show up weekly for a church service, they're not going to show up at 5:30am every Sunday to unload a box truck and set up church.
4) Evaluate your Campus/Planting Pastor: Test your leader's ability to shepherd, lead volunteers, and connect with the community. Let your pastor-in-training help out with announcements online. Can he connect contextually in the community? Let him preach in some house church services, maybe eventually preach to the Online Church overall.
5) Widen your church's circle of influence: The strength of Church Online isn't reaching the people 10 minutes away from your physical location. The strength of Church Online is broadening your church's circle of influence geographically, distributing your services to new places digitally. By embracing Church Online, areas that weren't reachable now can be reached. easily.