“Jeff, we’re just too small of a church to take advantage of what Digital has to offer.” Many pastors have shared this perspective with me, but their logic is fundamentally flawed. The small church’s perceived weakness is actually their strength, the reason why they can be successfully digitally. Can a small church be successful digitally? Absolutely! Let’s talk about how.
Like the BETA SHOW? Check out more episodes here.
Answering Your Questions: THE BETA SHOW
We need your help. Text your questions to 4THECHURCH (484/324-8724) and we'll answer them here on THE BETA SHOW. Seriously. Grab the phone. Text 484/324-8724 and tell us your questions. Where you're stuck. What questions you're asking of leadership. What questions leadership is asking of you... and let TCD help your church take some practical next steps, and give you some advice on how to BETA the situation at your church.
If you're enjoying BETA, subscribe for free using your favorite podcast app below:
ON THE SHOW
- Small churches are setup to succeed digitally, in many ways better than larger church, but it takes a different mindset.
- Excuse #1 - We're so small, our online service production looks horrible.
- New Mindset #1 - Relationships are so much stronger than weekend service content.
- Excuse #2 - We don't have any budget!
- New Mindset #2 - How much budget do you need for zoom?
- Excuse #3 - I don't understand digital. I'm a brick and mortar guy. I don't know how to lead this.
- New Mindset #3 - Ask for volunteers, disciple leaders. Let them lead.
- Excuse #4 - I don't want to do digital until I can staff it.
- New Mindset #4 - You've got all the resources you need.
- Small church, don't copy the big church model of online.
- Relationships win over content. Use your relationships to make more relationships.
- "Content doesn't change values. Values don't actually change until people actually do something." - Kevin Marsico, US Director of The Timothy Initiative
- The Timothy Initiative
- Experiencing God (2021 Edition): Knowing and Doing the Will of God by Henry T. Blackaby, Richard Blackaby & Claude V. King
HELP ANOTHER CHURCH. LEAVE A REVIEW.
We know these conversations are out there are hard. Even the best of churches haven't figured out... If this podcast is helping you and your church work through what Church Online is, then help us impact other churches! Take a moment and leave us a brief review!
By leaving a positive ranking and review of THECHURCH.DIGITAL PODCAST & THE BETA SHOW on iTunes, you're helping to get this podcast in front of new people who are most likely asking the same questions you are. Head over to that Ratings & Review section on iTunes and drop a good word for us!
Feedback on the podcast is vital as well. Leave comments on the podcast, or comment on this post! I'd love to know your thoughts and how we can serve your church better.
Love you all! Praying for your Churches and your Ministry Online.