Churches have been doing student ministry for decades. Over that time, what student ministry "looks like" has changed and evolved. After all, if you are still trying to do student ministry the same way as they were back in the 1960s, you probably wouldn't be as successful as you could be.
Enter Taylor Terpstra. He is the Online Youth Lead at Sandals Church in California. He was hired in December 2020 to be, to my knowledge, the first ever Online ONLY Student Minister. That's right, he is trying to reach students online and lead them to Christ. How is he doing that and what is he doing? That is what we talk about today.
- Share your thoughts! Do you know people who are doing Online Only Student Ministry? Share your thoughts below or on social media.
- Are you thinking about doing Online Only Student Ministry? Connect with Taylor via email (email@example.com) or find him on Instagram. He would love to connect.
- Join the Digital Bootcamp Facebook Group. To learn how to be more effective using digital tools for your ministry join the group. This is for ALL Ministers, not just Church Communicators or Social Media Managers as we share resources, tools and digital trends to see how we can reach more people for Christ with these tools.
- Looking for Digital Ministry Coaching? The Church Digital is offering a variety of digital, phygital or metaverse ministry coaching and cohorts. Just click here.
- Sign up for the Sidekick Scoop Weekly Email. Each Friday get a fresh email with content from all over the ministry world (especially online and student ministry topics) and be encouraged in how you can minister more effectively in today's world.
- If you have an idea for a topic or a person for Tom to interview for a future podcast episode, email firstname.lastname@example.org.