November is a time when people often pause to reflect on all they are thankful for. As Christians and digital missionaries, cultivating an attitude of gratitude shifts peoples focus and transforms our perspective for the better. That is why this November, use social media to create a wave of thanks and joy throughout our digital spaces and platforms.
Digital missionaries have a unique opportunity to model gratefulness online and stir it up in others. Here are some ideas for inspirational content to post on your feeds this month:
- Share specific things you're grateful for daily.
- Post pictures capturing the beauty of God's creation. Use captions with Bible verses
- Share Bible verses and passages related to thankfulness. Some verses to include can be found in Psalms 100, Ephesians 5:20, and 1 Thessalonians 5:18.
- Repost content from Christian authors, speakers, and organizations about living gratefully. These can be quotes, images or even infographics.
- Create short videos talking about why you are thankful. Share these on Reels, TikTok and Shorts.
- Create music playlists to share that stirs up joy and praise. You can create these on Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube or other platforms.
- Suggest practical ways people can express gratitude and encourage them to act on these. One idea is to do a "Thankfulness Challenge" and encourage people to do and post.
- Remind people of all that God has done for them and encourage them to share their stories online.
While people can and should be thankful all throughout the year, The goal is to flood social platforms and feeds with inspiration that helps shift people's focus towards being thankful. The hope is that the ripple effects will be ongoing well past November.
What do you think? What are other ways Digital Missionaries can spread thankfulness this November? Share your ideas below or on social media.
Through the Digital Church Network we are helping physical and digital churches better understand the discipleship process, and helping churches and church planters understand this and other decentralized mindset shifts. Joining the DCN is free and be encouraged!
Looking for a Coach or Guide to help you with social media and other digital ministry tools, take this quick survey and connect today.