RUDE PEOPLE! THE INTERNET IS FILLED WITH THEM.
Seems like wherever you turn there are negative people, angry people. To make matters worse, they seem to be louder on the Internet. So we as digital pastors and planters strive to do ministry in an area that attracts rude people, almost enabling them by giving them a platform? Sounds about right.
CHURCH, LET’S NOT RUN FROM RUDE PEOPLE. IS IT POSSIBLE TO RUN TOWARDS THEM?
That’s tricky, right? How do we do ministry with rude people when they are rude? How do we set aside personal feelings and motivations to reach people who may need Jesus most? Jesus did turn over the tables that one time. What is the difference between man’s anger and God’s?
CHURCH, ARE WE GUILTY OF BEING RUDE?
This may not be a stretch, but are we guilty of being rude? As we look at our churches are we guilty of being rude towards people who think differently than us. Are we guilty of positioning ourselves in an echo chamber, ignoring people who think differently than us?
These are the questions we’re asking Seth Muse, Founder of Church Comm Team, as we begin to wrestle with how to minister to rude people, digitally.
ABOUT SETH MUSE
Seth has been in ministry for over 20 years. He is the co-founder of Church Comm Team, a company aimed at helping the local church turn the chaos of church communications into clockwork. He has served as Communications Director at a large church in North Dallas and is also the host of The Seminary of Hard Knocks podcast, blogs at sethmuse.com, and has his Masters of Arts in Media and Communications from Dallas Theological Seminary.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE CHURCH DIGITAL PODCAST
If you're enjoying this episode, subscribe for free using your favorite podcast app below:
ON THE SHOW
- Give to DigitalChurch.Network - http://digitalchurch.network/give
- WEBSITE: https://aleteia.org/2020/06/24/5-ways-jesus-dealt-with-difficult-people/
- PODCAST: Baby Yoda Must Die Podcast Links - https://www.nerdpastors.com/listen/baby-yoda-should-die
- ARTICLE: Ronald Reagan Trickle Down Economics - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trickle-down_economics
- WEBSITE: Seth’s Four I’s - Identity Intent Interaction Instruction - https://sethmuse.com
- WEBSITE: Crossroads.net church everywhere https://www.crossroads.net/
- WEBSITE: No one cares that you know… https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/theodore_roosevelt_140484
- PODCAST: Dave Ferguson BLESS Podcast - https://be.thechurch.digital/blog/dave-ferguson-digital-missionaries-and-the-power-of-shared-experiences
We know these conversations are out there are hard. Even the best of churches haven't figured out... If this podcast is helping you and your church work through what Church Online is, then help us impact other churches! Take a moment and leave us a brief review!
By leaving a positive ranking and review of THECHURCH.DIGITAL PODCAST on iTunes, you're helping to get this podcast in front of new people who are most likely asking the same questions you are. Head over to that Ratings & Review section on iTunes and drop a good word for us!
Feedback on the podcast is vital as well. Leave comments on the podcast, or comment on this post! I'd love to know your thoughts and how we can serve your church better.
Love you all! Praying for your Churches and your Ministry Online.