Small church, I feel you. I do.
80% of the Churches in America are under 200. Average Church in America is 72 people. Culturally, America is lost if our small churches disappear.
The big churches have the toys and the budget. They've got capacity to broadcast, to stream services. But where does that leave small churches? Hoping that Coronavirus was a one, maybe two week gap. CDC's most recent announcement Sunday night paints a different picture. We've got at least eight weeks of this mess, it looks like... maybe more. And if it does clear in eight weeks, the emotional makeup of our attenders will be a wreck. It's going to take the world some time to return to normal, if it returns to normal.
Small Church, the world needs you, now. Small Church, find a way. Don't let Coronavirus overcome your ministry. Embrace digital, now.
- Zoom.us is $15/mo. Free if under 40 min. Don't worry about musical worship. Pray, Teach, Encourage.
- SwitcherStudio is $10/week, and uses iPhones as cameras. Simple way to broadcast services using borrowed gear.
- Record video on your iPhone with an inexpensive audio microphone. Use Airpods if you have them. Any headphone really. Don't let quality stop your message from getting out. Use Dropbox or Google Drive to get the word out.
- Microlocations, House Churches are a powerful way to connect people together. Check out What Happens When Church Online Grows Up. This is a powerful way to empower your people to stay on mission.
- Complete resources and guidances for small churches are available at http://thechurch.digital/start
Here's some resources and encouragement to help you take some next steps:
- Podcast 032: Redefining the Why of Church Online
- Podcast 037: Joe Radosevich & Small Church Church Online
- Podcast 033: Rob Wegner & The Mission of Microchurch
Small Church, make today your day to move online. There are ways for you to not only survive, but thrive, online. Reach out. I'd love to talk with you. Book some time.