Zuckerberg did it. With the announcement of the new parent company, META, Zuckerberg has made Facebook extremely relevant as they announced their dreams for the METAVERSE. For those unaware, the metaverse comprises of virtual reality worlds, augmented reality, digital assets and physical space all isolated or seamlessly blended together in some sort of a mixed reality.
Crazy? With Facebook $$$ you can bet the Metaverse is going to expand big time. It’s important to realize, the Metaverse is already a thing. What we’re talking about here isn’t new. Zuck didn’t create the Metaverse. He’s just going to pour a ton of money into it, creating better tools for community. The community is already there. The question is will the church take this opportunity to be the church in the new METAVERSE community.
Listen in on the on-demand recording of Jeff’s Livestream, where he talks about the future church and the opportunities of the METAVERSE.
If you're enjoying this episode, subscribe for free using your favorite podcast app below:
ON THE SHOW
- Meta = Metaverse
- Virtual Reality & Augmented Reality, Mixed Reality
- Physical & Digital Lines are Getting Blurred
- Let’s Find Ways that the Metaverse will Complement, Not Compete With, Physical Church.
- What Opportunities will the Church Find in the Metaverse?
- A New Environment for Church Services
- A New Education Tool for Discipleship
- A New Mission Field to Invest In
- A New Community Worthy of a Church
- Don’t Fear the Metaverse
- Zuckerberg says Metaverse is 5-10 Years from Becoming Mainstream. Church, Let’s Lead Out Here!
- For More Resources on the Church in Metaverse, check out THECHURCH.DIGITAL/metaverse
HELP ANOTHER CHURCH. LEAVE A REVIEW.
We know these conversations are out there are hard. Even the best of churches haven't figured out... If this podcast is helping you and your church work through what Church Online is, then help us impact other churches! Take a moment and leave us a brief review!
By leaving a positive ranking and review of THECHURCH.DIGITAL PODCAST on iTunes, you're helping to get this podcast in front of new people who are most likely asking the same questions you are. Head over to that Ratings & Review section on iTunes and drop a good word for us!
Feedback on the podcast is vital as well. Leave comments on the podcast, or comment on this post! I'd love to know your thoughts and how we can serve your church better.
Love you all! Praying for your Churches and your Ministry Online.