Looking to take that next step in your digital ministry? Recognize that Digital Community is not located by physical boundaries, which leads to new guardrails defining Community. In many cases, for phygital/digital-only churches, AFFINITY is the new VICINITY.
Like the BETA SHOW? Check out more episodes here.
If you're enjoying BETA, subscribe for free using your favorite podcast app below:
ON THE SHOW
- Exponential Regional, Equipping Labs Fall 2021: Exponential.org - "Physical & Digital Ministry" - Washington DC, San Francisco Bay Area, Southern California, Houston, Chicago
- "Affinity is the New Vicinity." Dan Hackling, Digital Pastor, Calvary Chapel Ft. Lauderdale
- Community Lines are being redrawn, redefined
- Matthew 22's "Love Your Neighbor as Yourself" has always meant more than the person next door.
- "Neighbor" Physical & Digital Mindset
- If "Affinity is the New Vicinity" we must -
- 1. See social media as a mission field, and get out of the echo chamber.
- 2. Relate to people who are similar to us, yet different.
- 3. Recognize that discipleship/disciple-making can happen outside of the building.
- 4. Be okay with seeds falling in thorny bush and rocky soil.
- 5. Remember affinity does not replace vicinity... Online to Offline.
- Crazy idea? Maybe. Revolutionize your church's disciple-making processes? Maybe.
- Stadia Phygital Learning Community - Kicking off Fall 2021 - Helping Churches Thrive, Grow and Multiple in Hybrid Environments.
- Interested in planting a Digital Church? Exploring more of these ideas? Connect up with Stadia at thechurch.digital/planting.
HELP ANOTHER CHURCH. LEAVE A REVIEW.
We know these conversations are out there are hard. Even the best of churches haven't figured out... If this podcast is helping you and your church work through what Church Online is, then help us impact other churches! Take a moment and leave us a brief review!
By leaving a positive ranking and review of THECHURCH.DIGITAL PODCAST & THE BETA SHOW on iTunes, you're helping to get this podcast in front of new people who are most likely asking the same questions you are. Head over to that Ratings & Review section on iTunes and drop a good word for us!
Feedback on the podcast is vital as well. Leave comments on the podcast, or comment on this post! I'd love to know your thoughts and how we can serve your church better.
Love you all! Praying for your Churches and your Ministry Online.