What can we, the Church, learn from Uber? AirBNB?
We’re 100+ days into this COVID thing. Our buildings aren’t getting much usage. In some areas (like where I am in Florida) we’re actually worse now than ever. In that same vein, I had a pastor tell me recently, “Jeff, we really can’t pause the ministry of the Church any longer. We’ve been in slow motion since COVID started, and we’ve got to ramp up again.”
I love the idea of the Church doing ministry in this season, and while the perceived technological limitations of Church in COVID season may be limiting us, what it’s actually doing is giving us… the Church… a prime opportunity to work on what’s next: Church As Platform.
The fourth in a series of, well, intentional podcasts meant to help you reshape your view of Church. Jeff and Rey bring in Doug Parks, Co-Author of Intentional Churches and Executive Pastor of Canyon Ridge in Las Vegas. Topic?
Uber owns no taxi’s, yet revolutionized ride-sharing. AirBNB owns no property, yet is going toe-to-toe with hotels around the world? Why? Because these businesses learned that property is a lid of growth… they lifted the lid by giving the business to the people.
Church, what if we gave the church's ministry exclusively to the people? This is the conversation we’re beginning here, on The Church Digital Podcast.
Stadia is getting ready to launch another round of their Phygital Learning Communities. Almost 70 churches right now are learning how to THRIVE, GROW, and MULTIPLY. We want to help your church learn how physical and digital can work together to achieve your mission and vision, meanwhile letting your Church, Online, be authentically you. Phygital Learning Communities are starting soon. Check out http://stadiachurchplanting.org/phygital for more information.
If you're enjoying this episode, subscribe for free using your favorite podcast app below:
Apple Podcasts | RSS Feed | Anchor | Overcast | Spotify | Pocket Casts | Google Play
ON THE SHOW
Guest: Doug Parks
Co-Author, Intentional Churches
Executive Pastor, Canyon Ridge, Las Vegas
Twitter // Facebook // Instagram
Host: Jeff Reed
Twitter // Facebook // Instagram // LinkedIn
Co-Host: Rey DeArmas
Christ Fellowship Miami Online
Twitter // Facebook // Instagram
- Book: Intentional Churches
- Episode 76: Lee Coate & Digital Engagement Pathway for Your Church
- Episode 77: Tim Celek & Defining Matthew 28 by Focusing on the One
- Episode 81: Craig Whitney & Moving Beyond the Church Service Business
- Kona Ice
- Stadia’s Phygital Church Learning Communities: Helping Physical Churches learn to Thrive, Grow, and Multiply Digitally.
- Stadia’s Digital-Only Church Planting Cohort - Stadia’s looking for Church Planters who are looking to plant a Church digitally… with no physical footprint. Is this you? Check it out here.
- Does the idea of Church as Platform complement or conflict what’s happening at your physical church/church online?
- What challenges would you face with Church as Platform with your leadership? Your volunteers?
- What are practical ways to implement this at your church, even in the midst of this COVID season?
HELP ANOTHER CHURCH. LEAVE A REVIEW.
We know these conversations are out there are hard. Even the best of churches haven't figured out... If this podcast is helping you and your church work through what Church Online is, then help us impact other churches! Take a moment and leave us a brief review!
By leaving a positive ranking and review of THECHURCH.DIGITAL PODCAST on iTunes, you're helping to get this podcast in front of new people who are most likely asking the same questions you are. Head over to that Ratings & Review section on iTunes and drop a good word for us!
Feedback on the podcast is vital as well. Leave comments on the podcast, or comment on this post! I'd love to know your thoughts and how we can serve your church better.
Love you all! Praying for your Churches and your Ministry Online.